Preliminary Task: Evaluation

                                                                             Evaluation

Completing the preliminary task has allowed me to gain practice on editing and taking pictures. Editing my preliminary task on Canva will help me create the main task of my magazine which includes the cover page, contents page, and double page spread. 

 

Creating

Creating the cover and contents page wasn’t as difficult as the website I utilized provided me with a sample of each. I basically just added my own pictures and editing the theme colors to make it my own. As I was creating my cover and contents page, I tried to reference to other magazines to see what they inputted as well. Although my cover and contents page may not have all the codes and conventions needed, I know now what needs to be inputted.

 

Photography

When taking pictures of the different fragrances, I didn’t think too much on it. I found a nice place to set the fragrances and found the best spot for lighting when I was taking pictures that day. On the cover page, I tried to utilize a nice and elegant perfume as the magazine was called “Fine Fragrances”. In the contents page, I inserted a picture of a set of body mist with the matching body lotion. I wanted to input this type of perfume in the magazine to showcase the different types of perfumes that women wear, not just the classy looking perfumes. Overall, I do think I rushed my photography and now I know with my actual magazine I need to take my time and not procrastinate. Photography with a magazine needs to look as best as possible. 

Comments