Evaluation Question 1: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

Here is the link to CCR#1: 

https://youtu.be/w3tQ56B-DLU


Transcript CCR#1:

Hello my name is Cassiel Soto-Dominguez. My candidate number is 0207, my centre number is US154. Today I will be responding to Creative Critical Reflection #1. While creating my magazine I did referenced many other fashion magazines for different ideas that would best fit my product in a unique way. My magazine “Over it” showcases streetwear fashion through its images. My magazine includes the main conventions of a magazine. for example, the cover image of my magazine is placed in the middle with feature story titles and cover lines placed on the sides as seen with many other fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle, and Cosmopolitan. I made sure to also include a barcode as well as an issue date as this is a key component of a magazine. as seen in my table of contents page your typical column style contents page is presented in my magazine. I tried to incorporate different fonts throughout my magazine to make it not look plain and dull, while still trying to follow the main conventions of a magazine. My product represents different social groups that are associated with fashion magazines. my product contains minorities from the ages of 17–18-year-old. in my product I did want to represent ethnic minorities as many magazines we see today lack diversity. as I wanted to represent both genders in my magazine, I did find it easier for me to only focus on females who love fashion. the purpose of my magazine is to give young women who are struggling with finding their style, inspiration on streetwear fashion. 

Comments